• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby FoP » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Ok, so the $15 "same as LRG" shipping is confirmed not to be DDP. Let's see of the one where they really stated the duties would be paid is.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby tguk911 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Anyone order the ammonomicon separately and get tracking yet? I placed my order on the 17th and haven't gotten a tracking number yet but on the plus side I got my Gungeon variant tracking from LRG yesterday.
tguk911
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am


Postby budgie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Asendia couldn't help r.e. my Ruiner order:

Unfortunately we have no additional information to provide to you regarding your package as it is over 90 days old and no longer accessible in our system. We apologize for the inconvenience.
>>>LRG MASTER LIST<<< Bastion, Cosmic SH, Curses N Chaos, Hue, La-Mulana, Mutant Mudds Deluxe + SC, Oceanhorn, Oddworld Munch + Stranger, Rabi-Ribi, Rock Boshers, Runner2, Salt and Sanctuary, Sky Force, Stealth Inc, Super Hydorah, Swapper, Thomas, Volume, Xenon Valkyrie, Xeodrifter
Aaero, Aqua Kitty, Astebreed, Escape Goat, Flinthook, Kero Blaster, Momodora, Nex Machina, N++, Shadow Complex, Shantae RR, Splasher, Super Gunworld WANTED: Oddworld: New N Tasty, SteamWorld Dig
User avatar
budgie
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 am
Location: United Kingdom


Postby FoP » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 am

budgie wrote:Asendia couldn't help r.e. my Ruiner order:

Unfortunately we have no additional information to provide to you regarding your package as it is over 90 days old and no longer accessible in our system. We apologize for the inconvenience.


Was it over 90 days old or were they just bullshitting you?
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Mookie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:25 am

I just received my ammonomicon bundle. The game is y fold sealed and the book is shrink wrapped. I got number 436, and it shows the number on both the game and the book. It’s a nice looking set.
User avatar
Mookie
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:01 am
Location: New York


Postby budgie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 pm

FoP wrote:
budgie wrote:Asendia couldn't help r.e. my Ruiner order:

Unfortunately we have no additional information to provide to you regarding your package as it is over 90 days old and no longer accessible in our system. We apologize for the inconvenience.


Was it over 90 days old or were they just bullshitting you?

Bought on 7th August, dispatched on 21st August. So I just missed the deadline.

Did you buy Enter the Gungeon? If you do get customs fees again maybe send them an email :?
>>>LRG MASTER LIST<<< Bastion, Cosmic SH, Curses N Chaos, Hue, La-Mulana, Mutant Mudds Deluxe + SC, Oceanhorn, Oddworld Munch + Stranger, Rabi-Ribi, Rock Boshers, Runner2, Salt and Sanctuary, Sky Force, Stealth Inc, Super Hydorah, Swapper, Thomas, Volume, Xenon Valkyrie, Xeodrifter
Aaero, Aqua Kitty, Astebreed, Escape Goat, Flinthook, Kero Blaster, Momodora, Nex Machina, N++, Shadow Complex, Shantae RR, Splasher, Super Gunworld WANTED: Oddworld: New N Tasty, SteamWorld Dig
User avatar
budgie
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 am
Location: United Kingdom


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:51 am

Enter the Gungeon just came into the country yesterday morning for us (UK), so we'll see how this goes. I'll post who it came through, how much the package was marked as and whether or not we had to pay import fees.
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby FoP » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am

budgie wrote:Did you buy Enter the Gungeon? If you do get customs fees again maybe send them an email :?


Yeah I did get the book bundle, so it gave me some different shipping options, and I chose the more expensive one with DDP.
I definitely will try to dig up what I can if I get hit with customs fees, considering the reciept says "duties paid" then either Asendia or PostNord should have an explanation if they still decide to slap a fee on it.

I've only bought 1 game so far through SRG, and that was Shadow Warrior 2 back when PostNord was way before PostNord started with the whole "all-packages-checked-for-VAT" thing so that one slipped in unnoticed. Strafe and Ruiner I got from LRG.


Ancestral_Spirit wrote:Enter the Gungeon just came into the country yesterday morning for us (UK), so we'll see how this goes. I'll post who it came through, how much the package was marked as and whether or not we had to pay import fees.


Appreciated! :)
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby FoP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 am

Ok, this is not looking good.
My tracking number shows it's Asendia, so it's the same company as LRG uses, however it's now come so far it's reached Europe. Switzerland. Which is a bit worryinig since the only LRG package that went through Switzerland was the one where Asendia messed up and didn't recognize it as DDP - all DDP packages from LRG since then has gone through the UK.

The big difference here is that LRG actually checked this with Asendia, while SRG seems to just shrug everything off, despite people paying for this service.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby azagrial » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:53 am

'Yep also my stuff is on the customs :x
User avatar
azagrial
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Finland


Postby FoP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 am

azagrial wrote:'Yep also my stuff is on the customs :x


Did you get the $15 flat rate shipping or the one that explicitly said it's DDP?
I sent an email to Asendia a few hours ago providing them with the tracking number and asked if it was DDP or not, hopefully they'll get back to me, because if it turns out that I've got a receipt saying DDP and SRG have booked the shipping without DDP, then they've really got something to answer.

By the way; this is kinda unrelated but since someone mentioned VGP earlier in this topic; for some reason they seem to have raised their values now. Earlier I think they listed every package at $14.99, but on one I had to pay customs for today it's listed as €30 instead. It's still less than the value in the package, but still kinda sucks since it makes their prices less awesome. There I've got no right to complain though as I'm just glad they're keeping it down and they've never stated that they do!
Still, I just hate how this is handled overall... As a Swede it seems that no matter what you do, you'll never be able to get anything cheap.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Best1989 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am

FoP wrote:Still, I just hate how this is handled overall... As a Swede it seems that no matter what you do, you'll never be able to get anything cheap.


I feel your pain mah boi. When I account for all the extra money I have paid for international shipping and mail forwarding, I almost wish to stop buying anything.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby FoP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:57 am

Best1989 wrote:
FoP wrote:Still, I just hate how this is handled overall... As a Swede it seems that no matter what you do, you'll never be able to get anything cheap.

I feel your pain mah boi. When I account for all the extra money I have paid for international shipping and mail forwarding, I almost wish to stop buying anything.


Oh, I guess I shouldn't complain though. You're from somewhere in South America, right? As far as I've understood you've got it worse...
Much of it for me I guess is too that I got accustomed to PostNord custom declarations NEVER bothering with packages with low values before, so when they finally do it the way it's supposed to be it's kind of a shock. It's interesting though how on one hand this country is so globalistic and wants to let everything inside, but when it's about goods from another country then they want to keep it out. :?
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby budgie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 am

FoP wrote:Ok, this is not looking good.
My tracking number shows it's Asendia, so it's the same company as LRG uses, however it's now come so far it's reached Europe. Switzerland. Which is a bit worryinig since the only LRG package that went through Switzerland was the one where Asendia messed up and didn't recognize it as DDP - all DDP packages from LRG since then has gone through the UK.


That's exactly what happened to my Ruiner package, it went from USA (Asendia) > Switzerland (Swiss Post) > UK (Royal Mail). It seems as though the fuck-up is happening in Switzerland. Why are our parcels even going to Switzerland in the first place? The UK is geographically closer to USA than Switzerland :?
>>>LRG MASTER LIST<<< Bastion, Cosmic SH, Curses N Chaos, Hue, La-Mulana, Mutant Mudds Deluxe + SC, Oceanhorn, Oddworld Munch + Stranger, Rabi-Ribi, Rock Boshers, Runner2, Salt and Sanctuary, Sky Force, Stealth Inc, Super Hydorah, Swapper, Thomas, Volume, Xenon Valkyrie, Xeodrifter
Aaero, Aqua Kitty, Astebreed, Escape Goat, Flinthook, Kero Blaster, Momodora, Nex Machina, N++, Shadow Complex, Shantae RR, Splasher, Super Gunworld WANTED: Oddworld: New N Tasty, SteamWorld Dig
User avatar
budgie
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 am
Location: United Kingdom


Postby Best1989 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 am

FoP wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
FoP wrote:Still, I just hate how this is handled overall... As a Swede it seems that no matter what you do, you'll never be able to get anything cheap.

I feel your pain mah boi. When I account for all the extra money I have paid for international shipping and mail forwarding, I almost wish to stop buying anything.


Oh, I guess I shouldn't complain though. You're from somewhere in South America, right? As far as I've understood you've got it worse...
Much of it for me I guess is too that I got accustomed to PostNord custom declarations NEVER bothering with packages with low values before, so when they finally do it the way it's supposed to be it's kind of a shock. It's interesting though how on one hand this country is so globalistic and wants to let everything inside, but when it's about goods from another country then they want to keep it out. :?


Yeah, shipping stuff here tends to be expensive. And since Dough sent me a game that never arrived through the postal service, I now use a private mail service to avoid any problem.

The sad thing is that the game that got lost was an unique prototype of MN9 Vita signed by them... u.u
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby FoP » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am

budgie wrote:That's exactly what happened to my Ruiner package, it went from USA (Asendia) > Switzerland (Swiss Post) > UK (Royal Mail). It seems as though the fuck-up is happening in Switzerland. Why are our parcels even going to Switzerland in the first place? The UK is geographically closer to USA than Switzerland :?


Yeah, I dunno, seems to be something that DDU packages go through Switzerland while DDP goes through the UK, at least from what I can tell from LRG and the one time their DDP failed.
The problem here is that SRG is like water off a goose's back with this whole situation; when I contacted them on Messenger about at least listing the book as just a book and not the title or something else on the customs declaration just in CASE the DDP didn't work, they didn't even bother replying.
The problem with them not making a bigger effort to look into it is that it makes it really damn suspicious. I mean, it could be that they're just lazy, but then the problem is that they and in turn we are paying for a service they're not getting (which was the case for LRG, but they looked into it and therefore it got solved). The other option is that they're just claiming to have DDP without paying for it, which is even worse because in that case it's a pure scam if we pay for a shipping option but they're not using that money to buy us the shipping we selected.

I really hope that I get a reply from Asendia. If I can prove it with Asendia that the package was never booked to be DDP, then SRG HAS to answer to it.
Did anyone else get the book bundle? It'd be good if everyone could shoot Asendia a mail or something asking, but that bundle makes a much better grounds for it if you chose the shipping option that explicitly says "taxes and duties pre-paid".



Best1989 wrote:Yeah, shipping stuff here tends to be expensive. And since Dough sent me a game that never arrived through the postal service, I now use a private mail service to avoid any problem.
The sad thing is that the game that got lost was an unique prototype of MN9 Vita signed by them... u.u


Damn, that sounds like it would've been epic! Interestingly enough, PostNord also has a reputation of losing packages, though I've been kinda lucky with the games, so far I think only one LRG release has been lost and it was my Kickstarter copy of Plague Road. Knock on wood. That one disappeared when the package was exchanged between carriers; not sure whose blame it was since Asendia claimed it was left to PostNord while PostNord tracking never showed they got it.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Best1989 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

FoP wrote:... so far I think only one LRG release has been lost and it was my Kickstarter copy of Plague Road...


Idk if that was a bad or a good thing :lol:
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3771
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby tguk911 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:01 pm

budgie wrote:That's exactly what happened to my Ruiner package, it went from USA (Asendia) > Switzerland (Swiss Post) > UK (Royal Mail). It seems as though the fuck-up is happening in Switzerland. Why are our parcels even going to Switzerland in the first place? The UK is geographically closer to USA than Switzerland :?

Asendia is the Swiss Post and La Poste so they probably only route their mail to a couple of different countries to save on cost and then ship it out to other countries from there.
tguk911
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am


Postby FoP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:09 am

tguk911 wrote:
budgie wrote:That's exactly what happened to my Ruiner package, it went from USA (Asendia) > Switzerland (Swiss Post) > UK (Royal Mail). It seems as though the fuck-up is happening in Switzerland. Why are our parcels even going to Switzerland in the first place? The UK is geographically closer to USA than Switzerland :?

Asendia is the Swiss Post and La Poste so they probably only route their mail to a couple of different countries to save on cost and then ship it out to other countries from there.


That's what I thought at first too, but the pattern I've seen is that the one from LRG errounously without DDP went through Switzerland, all other LRG packages has gone through the UK.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby tguk911 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 am

FoP wrote:That's what I thought at first too, but the pattern I've seen is that the one from LRG errounously without DDP went through Switzerland, all other LRG packages has gone through the UK.
Okay that makes sense so I'm guessing the DDP helps it clear customs otherwise it has to get rereouted to Swiss Post. I live in the US so thankfully I don't have to deal with them though my Thumper LE was lost for around 10 days, it was sent to the wrong UPS(they misread the zipcode and sent it to 11729 instead of 11720) who then sent it to the wrong local post office who then rerouted it to my local post office but theres no tracking after it leaves UPS and the post office never scanned it before rerouting it so no one knew where it was and both sides blamed the other and I had to open an investigation, it was a mess.
tguk911
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am


Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 am

Yeah, the pattern stands.
I got a reply from Asendia when I was sleeping:

Hello Timmy,

Your package is coming to you via a Swiss Post DDU service. Your package will be handed over to the postnord for delivery and the tracking number is: LS918485026CH.
For further information on this order please contact the company you ordered from directly.

Kind Regards,
Asendia USA



D... D... U.
So SRG really did indeed send it without the duties and taxes pre-paid, despite it clearly saying so when I picked the shipping option. The more expensive shipping option, might I add.

Next step? Contact SRG I guess and see if they listen to it, I'll want to at least get refunded the additional money I paid to get it "shipped with DDP". :evil:
Other than that, anyone know if you can request a partial chargeback? I mean they're hardly cooperative, and when it comes to shipping I definintely ain't getting what I paid for. It's pretty clear too since my reciept says DDP while the shipping company says DDU. Fuckers.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby tweetious » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 am

FoP wrote:Yeah, the pattern stands.
I got a reply from Asendia when I was sleeping:

Hello Timmy,

Your package is coming to you via a Swiss Post DDU service. Your package will be handed over to the postnord for delivery and the tracking number is: LS918485026CH.
For further information on this order please contact the company you ordered from directly.

Kind Regards,
Asendia USA



D... D... U.
So SRG really did indeed send it without the duties and taxes pre-paid, despite it clearly saying so when I picked the shipping option. The more expensive shipping option, might I add.

Next step? Contact SRG I guess and see if they listen to it, I'll want to at least get refunded the additional money I paid to get it "shipped with DDP". :evil:
Other than that, anyone know if you can request a partial chargeback? I mean they're hardly cooperative, and when it comes to shipping I definintely ain't getting what I paid for. It's pretty clear too since my reciept says DDP while the shipping company says DDU. Fuckers.


I would suggest you do the following:

1) reply to the Asendia email, & attach the purchase confirmation/receipt that clearly states an "International Flate Rate (2lb) - Duties & Taxes PRE-PAID" shipping method.
2) reply to the order confirmation email from SRG, and attach the message that you received from Asendia that your order is being forwarded from Switcherland as a DDU service and not as a DDP service.

It is important to find out if this is Asendia's or SRG's mistake.
SRG is very active on their Discord channel. If you believe that your email will be ignored, try asking there. The "man in charge" there is @AskSmitty#3030 so you could always send him a DM about the issue.

I just checked my tracking number, and my parcel just arrived in Switzerland. Similar with you, all my parcels coming from LRG, were arrived at the UK first, before reaching my country. i.e. USA->UK->Greece

When a parcel arrives in Greek customs, and they decide that it is eligible for added VAT, they do the following: Customs asks for a proof of purchase & a proof of payment and they charge as follows: for parcels with total value less than 150€ (which is the case here): 15€ handling/processing fee + 24% VAT on the total value of the parcel (item value + shipping + insurance). Hence for a $109.99 USD total ($79.99 bundle + $30 DDP shipping) I 'll have to pay 24% VAT on the $109.99 USD total (that's 26.40$, around 24€) + 15€ handling fee -> total: 39€.

The tragic and crazy part, it that, the $30 shipping fees, also include pre-paid duties. Hence I will end up paying 24% VAT on those pre-paid duties as well.

Anyway.... please keep us informed. I 'll see how my case goes, and I 'll complain as well (hopefully I helped)
User avatar
tweetious
I want to believe
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:37 pm


Postby 315retro » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am

I'm enjoying Gungeon but man do I wish it had been Vita. I'm not a big loud Vita supporter, but the short bursts this game is played in would have been perfection for on the go.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage

Above all else kids, remember, you can't roll a joint on a digital download.
User avatar
315retro
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:45 am
Location: CNY


Postby tguk911 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:15 am

315retro wrote:I'm enjoying Gungeon but man do I wish it had been Vita. I'm not a big loud Vita supporter, but the short bursts this game is played in would have been perfection for on the go.

Yeah I love playing this game on the go for my switch and would have loved a vita version especially with the touch screen on the back.
tguk911
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:52 pm

Sorry it took so long, with family illnesses, phone issues and my general forgetfulness XD
Here's what we received:

Image

Image

We don't know who delivered it exactly because neither of us were in at the time, however we didn't have to pay any import fees on it either nor did it get stuck in customs.
However after reading FoP's post, SRG are certainly sounding more and more dodgy by the minute :/
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions