• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby Fries » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

For those interested, Blacksea Odyssey launched today and is currently available for purchase:

PS4 LE (1,500 copies): https://www.play-asia.com/blacksea-odys ... id=1139459

There isn't a standard release of the game, so this one is pretty rare.

----
And as usual, don't forget to use a coupon like GEMATSU or CENSORED for $3 off.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Yeah, surprise surprise I got Blacksea. These P-A box sets are becoming an addiction for me. Really like them; great value for the money, even with VAT included.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:45 pm

*Dough stares at the fish with pain*
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Going to wait and see if BlackSea Odyssey's trophies are all working correctly and the Platinum is achievable with no bugs or glitches or anything before buying the physical release.

Also, did you guys know that BlackSea Odyssey was a kickstarter game? It just barely met it's $10,000 kickstarter goal and the devs used revenue from the game's PC sales to follow up with some of their stretch goals that weren't originally reached from the kickstarter pledges (bestiary and some other stuff).

Also, it was announced today that Fall of Light: Darkest Edition is getting an EAS physical release later in the future :D Here's the game's trailer, looks like a 2.5D isometric Dark Souls game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtb5bSACf-U&feature=youtu.be
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 am

Hope this hasn't been mentioned but eastasiasoft is releasing
Fall of light. Ps4 will have a limited edition all the info and a trailer awaits at this link.

http://www.thexboxhub.com/fall-of-light ... do-switch/

I think it looks interesting enough to keep an eye on
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:36 am

Haha, DrLight posted that info in the post directly before yours, shinoff. Not a big deal, though.

Fall of Light's concept is interesting, but the sound effects are just terrible in the trailer. I don't know if I want to listen to that for an entire game, I imagine the shotty sound design would break any immersion.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 am

Best1989 wrote:*Dough stares at the fish with pain*

Dough will also know that I buy all of Dough's releases too. ;)
Gotta clarify though, I wrote that pretty late... my comment about "VAT included" is that it's great value even with the added VAT. So nobody gets confused by it.

DrLight66 wrote:Going to wait and see if BlackSea Odyssey's trophies are all working correctly and the Platinum is achievable with no bugs or glitches or anything before buying the physical release.

Also, did you guys know that BlackSea Odyssey was a kickstarter game? It just barely met it's $10,000 kickstarter goal and the devs used revenue from the game's PC sales to follow up with some of their stretch goals that weren't originally reached from the kickstarter pledges (bestiary and some other stuff).

Yeah, it's a shame with the trophies considering early on they seemed to care a lot about having patched trophies (Caveman Warriors) or even plat trophies for the disc versions. Wonder if Sony got tired of them or they just started feeling confident?

I think I saw their Kickstarter page when looking up the game. Checked again now and the campaign was active about 2½ years ago (I started using KS 1½ years ago). Gotta say that makes me confident to keep putting pledges into $1 or $2 tiers for credit spots so I might someday see my name engraved in the data on a disc! Also nice to hear that they put the money back into the game!
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dark_Overlord » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 am

FoP wrote:Yeah, it's a shame with the trophies considering early on they seemed to care a lot about having patched trophies (Caveman Warriors) or even plat trophies for the disc versions. Wonder if Sony got tired of them or they just started feeling confident?

While i'll be the first to say Sony give 0 fucks about the trophies :(

There is also the issue of the dev kits, there was a game I had before where there was a glitched trophy. A lot of people contacted the devs and complained and the devs couldn't understand why, to them it was unlocking fine. After looking into it, it seems the dev kit was the issue, they're not exactly sure why but some slight difference was allowing it to pop on the dev kit, but not on the retail consoles. So while a huge majority of cases is devs not testing their games, some are generally bugs that are out of the devs hands :)

Let's see how the devs handle it :)
Dark_Overlord
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:59 am

Dark_Overlord wrote:
FoP wrote:Yeah, it's a shame with the trophies considering early on they seemed to care a lot about having patched trophies (Caveman Warriors) or even plat trophies for the disc versions. Wonder if Sony got tired of them or they just started feeling confident?

While i'll be the first to say Sony give 0 fucks about the trophies :(

Yeah they definitely doesn't care about glitched trophies, what I'm thinking was more that they might've set their foot down when it comes to EAS adding the plats to their releases for whatever reason.
Interesting to hear about the devkits, I've definitely heard about developers shrugging complaints off with "It works", but never knew what caused it but rather thought it was just snarkiness.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am

Fries wrote:Haha, DrLight posted that info in the post directly before yours, shinoff. Not a big deal, though.

Fall of Light's concept is interesting, but the sound effects are just terrible in the trailer. I don't know if I want to listen to that for an entire game, I imagine the shotty sound design would break any immersion.

I seen his post started with BlackSea Odyssey, I wasnt interested in that so I skimmed and seen BlackSea Odyssey mentioned again so I never even seen that sorry doc.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby JoeQ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Ordered Blacksea Odyssey, my first P-A Exclusive since Bleed Collection :)

Fall of Lights looks super cool, keeping my eye on that.

Anyone here play Vesta, Reverie or X-Morph yet? Any good?
JoeQ
LRG Super Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

JoeQ wrote:Ordered Blacksea Odyssey, my first P-A Exclusive since Bleed Collection :)

I'm hoping to play reverie after work tonight to kick off the weekend
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping to get to Reverie soon myself. I've heard it's pretty solid.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:54 am

Anyone hear anything about Blacksea Odyssey's trophy set? The playstationtrophies.org webpage is screwed up (whoever set it up accidentally combined Blacksea Odyssey's trophy list with another game's trophy list lol) and psnprofiles hasn't started adding people's trophy completions yet for the game.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dark_Overlord » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:31 pm

FoP wrote:Yeah they definitely doesn't care about glitched trophies, what I'm thinking was more that they might've set their foot down when it comes to EAS adding the plats to their releases for whatever reason.
Interesting to hear about the devkits, I've definitely heard about developers shrugging complaints off with "It works", but never knew what caused it but rather thought it was just snarkiness.

Sony actually changed the way the trophy assignment came about with the PS4, now any developer can ask for a platinum and Sony will grant it, whereas before (PS3) Sony chose :)
Dark_Overlord
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 am

Don't forget that Severed launches today at 11PM HKT/11AM EST/3PM UTC, which is three hours away as of this post.

Vita LE (3,000 copies): https://www.play-asia.com/severed-limit ... id=1139459

This is one of Play-Asia's higher profile titles and it won't have a standard release - it can be difficult to predict these things, but it's possible this will be a quick seller. Severed is a game I've wanted to have a physical release for a long time, so I'll be there first thing refreshing to get a copy.

----
And as usual, don't forget to use a coupon like GEMATSU or CENSORED for $3 off.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dark_Overlord » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:02 am

Severed went up 30 seconds early, grabbed mine :)
Dark_Overlord
Ultimate Fan

Postby Kayak » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:03 am

I got my copy too. Thanks for the reminder Fries.
I'm making a commitment to be more active in the forums.. :mrgreen:
Kayak
Physical Champion

Postby Fries » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 am

Kayak wrote:I got my copy too. Thanks for the reminder Fries.

No problem, I try to stay on top of this (even though I've been late with the reminders on the prior couple releases :oops:).

I got my copy as well, although I was charged for shipping. I'm not worried about it, when this happened to other people in the past it was quickly refunded. Already sent in a support request.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Got a copy and bought Reverie in the process too.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Are they charging right away through credit card for this one or is it still in manufacturing?
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Are they charging right away through credit card for this one or is it still in manufacturing?

They always charge right away, at least for the Play Exclusives titles I've bought.

Either way, yes, they charged right away for Severed.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Yeah, they have always charged me at the moment of placing the order. So much for that "we will charge you $0.00" message.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby Nuggies » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 pm

JoeQ wrote:Ordered Blacksea Odyssey, my first P-A Exclusive since Bleed Collection :)

I just played through Reverie this weekend. I'm sure you know it borrows heavily from Earthbound and Link to the Past, but it lacks depth. The world is small, but not without charm. The music was forgettable. There isn't much scale to the adventure. You only have a few more items and health bars at the end of the game than you had at the beginning. There is very little in terms of difficulty and for me there isn't much in the way of replayability either. I got the plat without a guide in under 5 hours. It seems like I'm negative on it, but really I did enjoy it...I was just hoping for more. I'm not disappointed to have it in my collection and I'd be excited if a sequel was announced. Overall it's a fun but short experience.
Nuggies
I want to believe

Postby The_stats_guy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:49 am

I've played the 1st 2 levels of Xmorph. Really enjoying it
The_stats_guy
Physical Champion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions