• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Best1989 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:48 am

Harshly_Blunt wrote:
Best1989 wrote:Yeah, no need for that. Please try to control that kind of phrases.


I'd just like to point out that 'wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire' is one of the most milquetoast sayings over here, it just means you really don't like someone. It's that inoffensive it is said on early evening TV. It's not even a personal attack as is being claimed.

Now if I said Doug is X, Y or Z then that would be a personal attack.

Are people outside of the UK really that offended by it?


Sounded very hateful to me. Maybe it's just a cultural difference, but I bet you can still stay loyal to your username while using different words the next time you want to express something like that.

Rhetorical wrote:3.Is LRG still releasing VA-11 HA11-A for the Playstation 4? I have noticed that there is a CE for the game on PS4 that you are releasing soon, but after reading the tweet it seems as though there is no game in the CE and i have not heard anything about your PS4 release since the Vita release was posted?

Thank You


I really doubt that Doug will answer your questions, so I can at least help you with the last one. They will be selling an empty CE box for 2064, for those that got the game back when it was sold and now want to have a similar dual CE experience just as Vita owners had and Switch owners will have. VA-11 HA-11A will have regular and CE releases for the PS4.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Global Mod
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby mikeysee » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:33 am

Rhetorical wrote:While you are here i was hoping that you could answer some questions, because i can not find the answers on twitter, and no one responds to my tweets:

1. Why was the PS4 standard copy of Blasphemous changed from $29.99 to $34.99 a couple of minutes after the sale, and after the newsletter was released stating that it was $29.99?


I doubt Doug will answer so I'll throw in what I gleaned from Discord:

The emails/newsletter pull data directly from Shopify. The price was entered incorrectly on Shopify so it was also incorrect everywhere else. They found the mistake and fixed it prior to the sale starting so in their eyes it was no harm, no foul. Unfortunately I know more than a few people didn't notice the price change until they got their receipt. This has been pointed out but LRG is a small company, yadda yadda...
mikeysee
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:27 pm


Postby LimitedRunDouglas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:24 am

I'll answer the price thing.

The $29.99 was a placeholder as it's our standard lowest Switch price and it was actually meant to be $39.99 since that would be $15 over digital. But with the price not changing in time and the amount of stuff we were releasing we lowered it to $34.99.
Limited Run's Uncle

Image

Image
User avatar
LimitedRunDouglas
Founder
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 pm
Location: Cary, NC


Postby Rhetorical » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:44 am

LimitedRunDouglas wrote:I'll answer the price thing.

The $29.99 was a placeholder as it's our standard lowest Switch price and it was actually meant to be $39.99 since that would be $15 over digital. But with the price not changing in time and the amount of stuff we were releasing we lowered it to $34.99.


I think it could be a better idea to inform people of this in the newsletter as, i will be honest, i was quite mad at the price change without warning minutes before the sale.
Maybe putting in red text next to the price in the newsletter 'PLACEHOLDER' so that people will not be so shocked when it does eventually change?
Rhetorical
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:59 pm


Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 am

So it's another issue related to using templates/standard values? Those seem to crop up a lot in product pages. It creates the impression that product pages aren't being verified before putting them up.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Belgium


Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Best1989 wrote:I just saw some tweets with pictures of the trading cards booster packs. Finally! They are going to make their debut on this show.


Nice! I need to go look at those Tweets!

I'll just look. I promise not to Tweet back. :lol:

*Edit: bad news about the packs, though. Apparently they will be included in Mega Bundles as incentives or given away as promotions, but not sold online, at least for a while. Per Josh, "Unfortunately, we don't really have the rights to directly sell the cards through the site. That's something we're working on for the future."

**Edit: Man, I want some!

Josh version:

Image

Douglas version: He flubbed the order :lol: :

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby Tekkaman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Of course LRG would finally decide to release VA-11 HALL-A and 2064: ROM on Switch the week after the Pop-Up Shop-Up. :cry:

Well, I guess I won't have as much cash to spend there as I thought. Still, I am extremely excited now that they have started sharing pictures of them setting up the storefront. I am shocked at the variety of CEs that I saw; even the Jak & Daxter games! In addition to this, Squanch Games announced today that they will be attending the event as well! They'll be showing off the newly announced Switch port of Trover Saves the Universe as well as selling some swag. I know there is like a 1 in a billion chance of Justin Roiland actually being there, but I would straight-up hyperventilate if that happened. I am so dang pumped for this weekend!!!

Now, while I hate that my thread was derailed, I must comment on the issue. My apologies to Best1989 for potentially dragging this out more than it deserved to be.

Harshly_Blunt wrote:I'd just like to point out that 'wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire' is one of the most milquetoast sayings over here, it just means you really don't like someone. It's that inoffensive it is said on early evening TV. It's not even a personal attack as is being claimed.

Now if I said Doug is X, Y or Z then that would be a personal attack.

Are people outside of the UK really that offended by it?

First, I will include your original comment along with added bold text for emphasis:

Harshly_Blunt wrote:Now I wouldn't even piss on the scumbag if he was on fire.

So, while you might be able to hide behind cultural differences on the "wouldn't piss on [sic] if they were on fire" portion of your post, you did call Doug a scumbag. According to your own logic, that is a personal attack. As for people outside of the UK being offended by the comment, I can only speak for myself, but that is a pretty harsh thing to say. In fact, the word "piss" is considered inappropriate by most censorship groups in the United States. While I might use it in conversation with close friends, I would never use such a term in any sort of public or professional setting.
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am

Tekkaman wrote:So, while you might be able to hide behind cultural differences on the "wouldn't piss on [sic] if they were on fire" portion of your post, you did call Doug a scumbag. According to your own logic, that is a personal attack. As for people outside of the UK being offended by the comment, I can only speak for myself, but that is a pretty harsh thing to say. In fact, the word "piss" is considered inappropriate by most censorship groups in the United States. While I might use it in conversation with close friends, I would never use such a term in any sort of public or professional setting.


You do realise 'scumbag' is another way of saying dishonest/untrustworthy? So if you find that a pretty harsh thing then well that's a 'you' problem.

Do me a favour and search 'politician scumbag' and search UK news, the term is so common place now it is pratically non offensive, it's even in national paper headlines. I will admit it has made a resurgence since our parliament practically committed treason against the country.

I never realised the US was so sensitive.
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 am


Postby FoP » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am

BuraddoRun wrote:
Best1989 wrote:I just saw some tweets with pictures of the trading cards booster packs. Finally! They are going to make their debut on this show.


Nice! I need to go look at those Tweets!

I'll just look. I promise not to Tweet back. :lol:

*Edit: bad news about the packs, though. Apparently they will be included in Mega Bundles as incentives or given away as promotions, but not sold online, at least for a while. Per Josh, "Unfortunately, we don't really have the rights to directly sell the cards through the site. That's something we're working on for the future."

**Edit: Man, I want some!


What's the problem this time then?
I remember the postcards, then they couldn't sell any directly, but grab bags were fine.

Booster packs are most definitely a blind grab bag, so I don't get it... and I find it strange that wasn't worked out early on with the trading card system, I can understand them waiting until they have a lot of different cards to make booster packs really random, but I really thought they had a plan for it from the beginning.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:33 am

they dont have enough lol thats the problem

and they dont care about their international customers so only there

and behind a huge paywall everything so people buy crap they wont need
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:36 am

FoP wrote:What's the problem this time then?
I remember the postcards, then they couldn't sell any directly, but grab bags were fine.

Booster packs are most definitely a blind grab bag, so I don't get it... and I find it strange that wasn't worked out early on with the trading card system, I can understand them waiting until they have a lot of different cards to make booster packs really random, but I really thought they had a plan for it from the beginning.


Maybe it's one huge ploy so that Josh is the only person who will ever own a full set?







Of course I am joking before some of you think otherwise ;)

I think copyright law is to blame here.
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 am


Postby FoP » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:42 am

mr. Hyde wrote:they dont have enough lol thats the problem


I'm honestly not sure which one you mean; not enough cards or not enough money? :|
Because at this point in time where cards has been a thing for 2 years, they really should have a lot extras.


Harshly_Blunt wrote:I think copyright law is to blame here.


Yeah, I'd guess so too, but I kinda wonder the difference between selling blind bags in person and doing it online. Making a difference between a giveaway and sale, that I can understand... But yeah, I guess it's just some form of contractual rights thing, and not something stated in law. Still too bad that they didn't think ahead of it to just be able to sell online once enough cards had been gathered.

Though as things look now, I'm not even sure how I'd do if these were available online; with the hold system gone, every ounce counts! :P (as well as the sucky exchange rate)
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:51 am

FoP wrote:Yeah, I'd guess so too, but I kinda wonder the difference between selling blind bags in person and doing it online. Making a difference between a giveaway and sale, that I can understand... But yeah, I guess it's just some form of contractual rights thing, and not something stated in law. Still too bad that they didn't think ahead of it to just be able to sell online once enough cards had been gathered.

Though as things look now, I'm not even sure how I'd do if these were available online; with the hold system gone, every ounce counts! :P (as well as the sucky exchange rate)


'FREE' bonus postcard/trading card

as opposed to selling a postcard/trading card.

e.g there's a sly way tax dodgers get around tobacco taxes in the UK. They'll sell you a can of pop for £20 and give you a 'FREE' 5 pack of tobacco. If they tried selling the Tobacco directly, they'd instantly be arrested.

I know it's not exactly the same, but kinda the same principle.
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 am


Postby FoP » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:55 am

Harshly_Blunt wrote:'FREE' bonus postcard/trading card
as opposed to selling a postcard/trading card.


Yeah but that's what I mean. I was thinking that the booster packs would be for sale at the popup shop?
They've definitely sold cards at earlier events with that card machine... or has it been "pay a $1 (or whatever they charge) to use the card machine... get a free card!" :|

I see the difference between selling/giving, but not selling at one place vs selling at another.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 am

FoP wrote:
Harshly_Blunt wrote:'FREE' bonus postcard/trading card
as opposed to selling a postcard/trading card.


Yeah but that's what I mean. I was thinking that the booster packs would be for sale at the popup shop?
They've definitely sold cards at earlier events with that card machine... or has it been "pay a $1 (or whatever they charge) to use the card machine... get a free card!" :|

I see the difference between selling/giving, but not selling at one place vs selling at another.


Copyright Law is such a broken shitshow that it needs tearing up and rewriting WITHOUT the influence of multi national corporations. There are so many silly contradictions in it that it is fundamentally broken.

In this case maybe the card machine was a 'donation machine' that gave you a free card for your donation. Whereas selling the booster packs directly would potentially be seen as copyright infringement.
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:25 am


Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:51 pm

FoP wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:they dont have enough lol thats the problem


I'm honestly not sure which one you mean; not enough cards or not enough money? :|
Because at this point in time where cards has been a thing for 2 years, they really should have a lot extras.


Harshly_Blunt wrote:I think copyright law is to blame here.


Yeah, I'd guess so too, but I kinda wonder the difference between selling blind bags in person and doing it online. Making a difference between a giveaway and sale, that I can understand... But yeah, I guess it's just some form of contractual rights thing, and not something stated in law. Still too bad that they didn't think ahead of it to just be able to sell online once enough cards had been gathered.

Though as things look now, I'm not even sure how I'd do if these were available online; with the hold system gone, every ounce counts! :P (as well as the sucky exchange rate)
enough cards they cant get reprinted but there are new customers as wel that might want those.

besides at the event some people wil probatly 30 packs for example
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby jrmann33 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:05 pm

So I live and work in the area where the Limited Run sale is going down tomorrow and I stopped into that mall earlier at around 3 this afternoon. Just thought I would talk about what I saw.

I was actually very impressed with what they were doing as far as the professionalism for an in person sale. The gate was closed so no one could walk in but I was able to see a lot of what was going on from the mall walk area. They have a really big TV in the front windows of the store playing gameplay of some of their best games probably on loop I saw Shantae and Iconoclasts playing. The other impressive thing was they had about 20-30 people working in the store getting games unpacked from boxes. It is not a little rinky dink sale with a few games on 2 or 3 tables. Based on the amount of boxes they were still unpacking there will be a lot of inventory available for anyone worried about making the far drive. I wasn't able to talk to anyone because they were all very busy, but I am still a bit confused how they are going to keep things organized if there are multiple ways into the mall and the mall opens the same time their sale is supposed to start. I am actually surprised the mall doesn't open earlier, I think it is 10. Especially this close to Black Friday. But I do have to remember that 3 oclock on a Friday before Black Friday, there was still hardly anyone walking around in that mall. Hope this helps anyone on the fence about going.
User avatar
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina


Postby Best1989 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:47 pm

They will also have some of the devs they have worked with, so you will be able to get some stuff signed.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Global Mod
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 am

I am in line! They handed out tickets to everyone in line to ensure you get one of the 100 Swag Bags. They will be letting people into the store in waves to avoid trampling and overcrowding (and, probably, shoplifting). The variety of items available is impressive. I can only see what I can spy through the security gate, so there's even more than I can currently confirm. Items with a sale limit are labeled with a colored sticker, but they did say that if you get back in line again, you can overcome this restriction. However, judging by how many people are here, I doubt there will be many opportunities to game the system. At least as of now, everyone in line appears to be a fan. Lots of LRG shirts and people playing Switches and 3DSes. The flippers will have a hurdle just based on logistics alone. I'll try to check back in once I get inside.
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:27 am

This is as if we have a reporter on place reporting on the event. Cool. :)
BenoitRen
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Belgium


Postby Rhetorical » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:36 am

I have just looked at the pictures of the pop up shop on LRGs twitter and for the most part i am not seeing a lot of these that would be considered damaged?
I am sorry for all the people that got removed from the waiting list for games like Jak & Daxter considering how many LRG seem to have for sale at this pop up shop.
Lumines
Night Trap
Ys
Oddworld
All CE and none of them look to be too worse for wear. I am curious as to the extent of the 'damage'. Could someone who has gone there please tell me how damaged these all seem?
Rhetorical
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:59 pm


Postby jrmann33 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:40 am

I am in line too. Probably going to miss out on the first 100 but I do not care. Just happy to be here. I am already hearing people in my line area talking about reselling. Kind of frustrating, but it is hard to prevent especially when games are being marked down.
User avatar
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina


Postby jrmann33 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 am

Tekkaman- what games are you looking for today? I am hoping to possibly get Firewatch and Salt and Sanctuary. But if I do not get them I will walk away just fine. Just interested in wanting to see how low prices might be and what a "damaged" game looks like in person.
User avatar
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina


Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 am

Rhetorical wrote:I have just looked at the pictures of the pop up shop on LRGs twitter and for the most part i am not seeing a lot of these that would be considered damaged?

All CE and none of them look to be too worse for wear. I am curious as to the extent of the 'damage'. Could someone who has gone there please tell me how damaged these all seem?

Doors haven't opened yet, but the amount of undamaged CEs is pretty much limited to what you saw; maybe around 10 or less of each. The damaged CEs are in a separate section as are the employee copies. Damaged CEs are prices based on the severity of the damage.
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:55 am

jrmann33 wrote:Tekkaman- what games are you looking for today?

I'd love to get a copy of Yesterday Origins. I've also spied some copies of GALF. Plus some CE swag like the Slime-san plushie and the SMRPG action figures.
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby jrmann33 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:01 am

I am glad they are limiting 2 copies of high demand games per purchase/transaction. Things sound like they are starting.
User avatar
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina


Postby Best1989 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:02 am

Supposedly there is/was a B&C copy around there waiting for someone!
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Global Mod
 
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby Soera » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am

Im selling a copy of Yesterday origins and firewatch if you guys dont get it there.
Image
User avatar
Soera
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Oklahoma City


Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:20 pm

Rhetorical wrote:I have just looked at the pictures of the pop up shop on LRGs twitter and for the most part i am not seeing a lot of these that would be considered damaged?
I am sorry for all the people that got removed from the waiting list for games like Jak & Daxter considering how many LRG seem to have for sale at this pop up shop.
Lumines
Night Trap
Ys
Oddworld
All CE and none of them look to be too worse for wear. I am curious as to the extent of the 'damage'. Could someone who has gone there please tell me how damaged these all seem?
yeah cant be helped they could even contact people on the waiting list saying we have some of game x left but there is some damage.

just add a general discription that you could copy paste for all of them they can decide for themself then if they wantit or not
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:08 pm

My, oh my! The selection was incredible. There was at least one of every PS4 game they've ever done; all at retail price. Tons of CEs, both damaged and new. Lots of loose items; unfolded CE boxes, swag items, soundtracks (cassette, vinyl and CD), and unrolled posters. A variety of their non-numbered/retail partner titles; SRG, RetroBit, etc. Some of the tie-in accessories like Switch cases, Saturn controllers and HDMI cables. Tons of classic LRG stickers, including a few silver stickers. LRG merch like t-shirts, pins, stickers, and card binders. Plus, they had the trading card vending machine out.

Overall, it was incredible! I was able to find Yesterday Origins AND my original "one that go away", Futuridium!!! I picked up a "damaged" white cartridge GALF (totally fine, just without the shrinkwrap), a "damaged" Shenmue III CE, a legit damaged Thimbleweed Park PC CE, and a good smattering of PS4 titles that I had to pass up due to cost reasons. Once I get back home and am able to take a breath, I will share some pictures.
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


PreviousNext

Return to Limited Run Discussion