• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Inuranchan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:Welcome to the forums Inuranchan!

I don't have a Twitter account so I'm not gonna take the poll, but I'll answer here. I would most definitely wait for a complete edition on cart/disc. I didn't order PJM2 because it doesn't interest me, but if I did, I'd be happy to still be waiting for it if it meant I'd get all the DLC and patches on disc. I was happy to wait for a complete Skullgirls.

Thank you!

I also did not purchase PJM2, but I have waited for several non-LRG releases to be complete in the past due to preferring games I own to be complete. If I had purchased either of those games, I would have been happy to wait. I have wanted Celeste since it released, as a person who relates heavily with the themes of the game, so it really hurts to see a game absolutely deserving to have a full release be essentially "rushed out" in order to appease the impatient...
From a business perspective, this seems like a lose-lose decision regardless.
Inuranchan
I want to believe

Postby tguk911 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 am

BuraddoRun wrote:I wasn't going to buy Celeste. I've got tons of unplayed games. But everyone says it's awesome and I haven't heard a single bad thing about it, so I bought it. I am disappointed that this release won't be complete (most likely), but hopefully the base game will be fun and worth it.

Honestly I think you'll love it, it has a great story and if you like hard 2d puzzle platformers than it'll prob become a favorite. The game is complete by some standards since these levels we're not intended during the initial release of the game. The game has 36 chapters worth of levels in the main story, b-sides, and c-sides with those last 2 being unlockables throughout the game and really really hard(I died about 13000 times just getting all the strawberries and completing the b-sides alone). The DLC is only going to be 1 chapter worth of levels and is going to be the hardest difficulty and not have collectables so even if you didn't even download the dlc there is sooo much to love about the game but the dlc is free and we are also getting a variant mode in a future update which adds a bunch of options to the gameplay.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:50 am

tguk911 wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I wasn't going to buy Celeste. I've got tons of unplayed games. But everyone says it's awesome and I haven't heard a single bad thing about it, so I bought it. I am disappointed that this release won't be complete (most likely), but hopefully the base game will be fun and worth it.

Honestly I think you'll love it, it has a great story and if you like hard 2d puzzle platformers than it'll prob become a favorite. The game is complete by some standards since these levels we're not intended during the initial release of the game. The game has 36 chapters worth of levels in the main story, b-sides, and c-sides with those last 2 being unlockables throughout the game and really really hard(I died about 13000 times just getting all the strawberries and completing the b-sides alone). The DLC is only going to be 1 chapter worth of levels and is going to be the hardest difficulty and not have collectables so even if you didn't even download the dlc there is sooo much to love about the game but the dlc is free and we are also getting a variant mode in a future update which adds a bunch of options to the gameplay.

Glad to hear it. Yeah, it looks like a great puzzle-platformer and I'm always a fan of good stories. I'm glad I was persuaded to change my mind and order it.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby DaBargainHunta » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

I broke down and ordered Celeste (PS4) at the last minute. It looks too cool not to own, and the cover art may be some of the most stylish we've ever seen from LRG.

I hope we do get the DLC on-disc, but from the way it's being described in this thread (super-difficult, etc.), I think I can live without it if it's not included.
DaBargainHunta
Physical Champion

Postby GP Ollie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:21 am

If LRG wanted to and if they're able they should delay the production of at least the Switch cartridges since as far as I know those haven't started production yet and include the DLC on them.

The whole point of buying physical games is to have a way of preserving the complete experience, I'd rather the physical release I paid for is delayed and they include the DLC for a complete physical copy of Celeste than get an incomplete copy on the cartridge, I got the Switch version myself.

For example I never bought Spyro Reignited Trilogy on disc, I have the digital version but as far as I am concerned a physical version of the trilogy does NOT exist, the disc contains the first game and incomplete code of the second or something like that, that's not the Reignited Trilogy, that's a useless piece of plastic for people who want to have something to look at on a shelf.
I bought FFXV day one digital, I actually loved the game minus the story which at the time was a mess, dunno what it's like now, well FFXV's disc had nothing on it just some pre-release code, some beta version which was drastically different from the day one patched version of the game....so why bother with it at all, that's not the game on the disc, it's the basis for the game, some pre-release buggy mess.

I have a reason why I prefer physical over digital, preservation for when all these terrible online services are gone or for when games are pulled from online stores which does happen.
GP Ollie
True Believer

Postby DaBargainHunta » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:36 pm

I agree that it would be much preferable for the DLC to be included in the physical copies for all the reasons you stated.

However:

1. If there's DLC on the Switch version but not the PS4 version, a lot of people will be pissed off, including me.

2. Comparing to this to that wreck of a Spyro release is unfair IMO. It's apples and oranges. With Spyro, you are literally getting 1/3 of the experience on disc. With this, if there's no DLC, you only lose out on only a small fraction. Plus, no DLC was planned when the game originally came out, so it's not like that was ever "incomplete" really. It's still a full experience, unlike what you get on the Spyro disc.
DaBargainHunta
Physical Champion

Postby GP Ollie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 pm

I merely suggested the Switch one should get the DLC assuming the PS4 discs have already been produced, if not then of course it should also be included on them too.
Also keep in mind the Switch version costs more anyways.
GP Ollie
True Believer

Postby Best1989 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm

In case you haven't noticed, from the production updates page:

January 1st Sale: Address Changes are open.

Celeste (Switch) - Manufacturing Delayed till April to attempt to get "Thank You" DLC on the physical release.
Celeste (Switch) CE - Manufacturing Delayed till April to attempt to get "Thank You" DLC on the physical release.
Celeste (PS4) - Manufacturing Delayed till April to attempt to get "Thank You" DLC on the physical release.
Celeste (PS4) CE- Manufacturing Delayed till April to attempt to get "Thank You" DLC on the physical release.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm

FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm

I'll take. One without dlc if I can have it tomorrow.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Great news, hopefully everything goes smoothly and they're able to add the dlc into the final ISO image. I skipped out on the sale because I didn't think the final dlc would be included, but i'll happily buy the game off ebay if it does even at the inflated scalper price.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

DrLight66 wrote:Great news, hopefully everything goes smoothly and they're able to add the dlc into the final ISO image. I skipped out on the sale because I didn't think the final dlc would be included, but i'll happily buy the game off ebay if it does even at the inflated scalper price.

hi Drlight can you point me out were you saw that info please thx in advenced
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm

qui_suis wrote:
DrLight66 wrote:Great news, hopefully everything goes smoothly and they're able to add the dlc into the final ISO image. I skipped out on the sale because I didn't think the final dlc would be included, but i'll happily buy the game off ebay if it does even at the inflated scalper price.

hi Drlight can you point me out were you saw that info please thx in advenced

Best1989 posted an update a few posts above me.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fajgar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

Great news!
Fajgar
Physical Champion

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Good news, indeed!
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Agreed! Thank you, LRG!