• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Dante2k4 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Got the email about mah boy (Mr. Meat) getting another release coming up, this time via LRG, and I just have ONE question...

Will it have the original soundtrack?

This game has been re-released in to the dirt, and I own more copies of it than I do probably any other game, but I am willing to buy ONE more version IF it has that soundtrack. The reason I dodged the original PAL physical release for PS4 is because it had the newer, not so good soundtrack.

To this day I think the only physical version of this game to come out with the original OST is its original PC release. And that just makes me sad :[
Dante2k4
LRG Super Fan

Postby JeffLadder » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Just signed up to ask this, what number will be the Best Buy copy? Mainly just making sure it will be numbered if the number is not known at this time
JeffLadder
I want to believe

Postby bap » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

This will almost certainly not have the original soundtrack. The switch and PS4 no way, but when was the Vita version released? Before or after they refused to collaborate? But could be irrelevant depending on the agreed terms of rerelease
bap
Physical Champion

Postby tguk911 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

If there is a soundtrack made it will probably be available in the CE but those details are not known yet.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby Gargus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 pm

tguk911 wrote:If there is a soundtrack made it will probably be available in the CE but those details are not known yet.

He means the original soundtrack in the game itself. Of which I am also curious.
Gargus
I want to believe

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 pm

I don't own a Switch so i won't be buying, but for those who do and are, i hope Super Meat Boy on Switch has the original soundtrack, it's fantastic. The new rearranged soundtrack that they did because of contract issues with the original composer takes everything awesome about the songs and turns them into garbage.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby tguk911 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 am

Gargus wrote:He means the original soundtrack in the game itself. Of which I am also curious.

Sorry I misread it but yeah highly doubt it's the original soundtrack, best buy has their switch copies on hand now and the switch version that was released on the eshop has the updated soundtrack.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 am

Never knew that this was an PAL-region exclusive, but I hope there are some good selling points for the PS4 version of this more than "now available in ESRB-land". Rabi-Ribi at least had that the disc was updated, but Yesterday Origins turned out to be a rather pointless release.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby 10InchDestruction » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 am

Dante2k4 wrote:Got the email about mah boy (Mr. Meat) getting another release coming up, this time via LRG, and I just have ONE question...

Will it have the original soundtrack?

This game has been re-released in to the dirt, and I own more copies of it than I do probably any other game, but I am willing to buy ONE more version IF it has that soundtrack. The reason I dodged the original PAL physical release for PS4 is because it had the newer, not so good soundtrack.

To this day I think the only physical version of this game to come out with the original OST is its original PC release. And that just makes me sad :[

It very likely will not have the original soundtrack, sadly.
I know how you feel OP - I will likely skip this release due to that.
10InchDestruction
True Believer

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:45 am

Ive got the pal release, it was one of the first ps4 games I imported. Im not sure what ill do about this situation, I guess it depends on money at the time. Honestly though im pretty content with the pal release.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Does the Indiebox physical PC release have the original soundtrack? I know long before that there was another physical retail version for PC available in stores as well.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dante2k4 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Does the Indiebox physical PC release have the original soundtrack? I know long before that there was another physical retail version for PC available in stores as well.

It doesn't, it has the newer replacement soundtrack. That older, original physical PC release is the only one (that I'm aware of) that has the OG soundtrack on it.

Such a shame :/
Dante2k4
LRG Super Fan

Postby StormJumper » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 pm

AFAIK only BestBuy has the preorder up for Super Meat Boy....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage ... &keys=keys

And it says this "Only @BestBuy" so unless LRG is holding out something it sounds like a exclusive BestBuy deal only.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby bmcphail » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:13 pm

StormJumper wrote:AFAIK only BestBuy has the preorder up for Super Meat Boy....

And it says this "Only @BestBuy" so unless LRG is holding out something it sounds like a exclusive BestBuy deal only.

LRG is planning to release the game on PS4, Vita and Switch after the Best Buy release with different cover art. LRG is also doing a CE.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby Gargus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:32 pm

So what's the difference between bestbuy and lrg versions? No trading card, no lrg ticket, and different cover art?
Gargus
I want to believe

Postby bmcphail » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Gargus wrote:So what's the difference between bestbuy and lrg versions? No trading card, no lrg ticket, and different cover art?

Correct. The ESRB rated PS4 and Vita versions as well as the CE are exclusive to LRG though.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby StormJumper » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 pm

bmcphail wrote:
StormJumper wrote:AFAIK only BestBuy has the preorder up for Super Meat Boy....

LRG is planning to release the game on PS4, Vita and Switch after the Best Buy release with different cover art. LRG is also doing a CE.

I know of the BestBuy but looking for the LRG CE was some work.

For those of you who are impatient, our friends at Best Buy already have the game in-hand for the Nintendo Switch! You can preorder a copy now at http://www.bestbuy.com - orders will begin shipping February 8th! Best Buy's cover is exclusive to them. The version that will release through us will feature all-new cover art. As with all of our Best Buy releases, we'll sell their cover sheet on our site for $0.99 later on for those of you who want it.

It is worth noting that we'll have a Collector's Edition of the game on sale whenever we release the game through our site. The contents and details of the Collector's Edition have not been finalized, so we don't have any details to share yet - we just wanted to make sure you had all the information we could provide about this release.

This is a boon to any fans who currently have My Best Buy rewards certificates or Gamer's Club Unlocked, as you've got a chance to get the release earlier and cheaper than you would if we had waited to release it on our site in the Spring. Best Buy also won't charge for preorders upfront (something our e-commerce platform doesn't allow from a functional standpoint), so there's no risk in putting yourself down for a preorder.

Actually the last part is misleading they will make a charge and after 4 business day will return the charge. I know they do this because when I pre-order they charge and if you don't have the funds your pre-order charge will be cancelled and you will not get that on your pre-order list when it gets released. So LRG needs to be clear on this part. BestBuy will charge you for the pre-order and if you have the funds showing for 4 business days they will put it on your Order list for the release date and if not they most likely will cancel the order and you will miss out on placing the item on your Pre-order the day it is released.

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/ ... collection
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Return to Limited Run Discussion