• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby supercutz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Fez
Image
supercutz
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:33 pm


Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:20 am

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
revan193 wrote:I'm very interested in buying Cosmic Star Heroine for the Switch but I need to know what is the "big surprise" of Friday first, I'm a little tight this month because of Christmas and I can only buy ONE "Limited Run"...

Does anyone knows what is the "surprise"?


No one will know for sure until pretty much the literal second it goes up for sale :/



Just to get this straight. It's being announced and then immediately on sale. Is it the same 10 am sale time as usual.


Same time as usual, but being announced on major sites at the same time it goes on sale, give or take a minute or two depending on when new PlayStation blog update comes out. Something about the developers only wanting it known about at the moment of sale :/





Just so im following correctly, we will be able to see and buy it before the flood starts from the sites announcement?
See ya around Lawrence
User avatar
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5972
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Location: Erie, PA


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:57 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
revan193 wrote:I'm very interested in buying Cosmic Star Heroine for the Switch but I need to know what is the "big surprise" of Friday first, I'm a little tight this month because of Christmas and I can only buy ONE "Limited Run"...

Does anyone knows what is the "surprise"?


No one will know for sure until pretty much the literal second it goes up for sale :/



Just to get this straight. It's being announced and then immediately on sale. Is it the same 10 am sale time as usual.


Same time as usual, but being announced on major sites at the same time it goes on sale, give or take a minute or two depending on when new PlayStation blog update comes out. Something about the developers only wanting it known about at the moment of sale :/





Just so im following correctly, we will be able to see and buy it before the flood starts from the sites announcement?



...................

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Methinks they WANT the flood of people to come look just before it goes up for sale, more of a scramble that way, which is 'bbeeeetttteerrrrr???'
But to be perfectly honest i'm not sure, and i don't think ANYONE knows at this point, and with only a few hours to go............ my shrug still stands :/
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby Postmortimus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 am

It's going to (supposed to) be announced on the PlayStation blog prior to release. Since it's LRG, I'm assuming the US PlayStation blog. Expect the announcement within an hour of the sale.


At least this is my speculation.
Postmortimus
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: NY


Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 am

Postmortimus wrote:It's going to (supposed to) be announced on the PlayStation blog prior to release. Since it's LRG, I'm assuming the US PlayStation blog. Expect the announcement within an hour of the sale.
At least this is my speculation.


Yeah I think so too.
I'm kinda torn on it; on one way, if it's a late announcement of something I want it gives me better chances of getting it. However if it's something I'm unsure of then I'll have way less time looking up the game to decide whether to go for a CE or not.

Really hope the blog actually updates in time.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby bap » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 am

supercutz wrote:Fez


Please no. I'm already spending enough today!!! But if it's Katamari i'm definitely in for that too.
bap
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:04 am
Location: Australia


Postby Best1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 am

Just imagine the chaos if the people from the PlayStation blog suddenly forget to announce the game :lol:
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 4490
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 am

Best1989 wrote:Just imagine the chaos if the people from the PlayStation blog suddenly forget to announce the game :lol:


This is me coming from a really selfish place, but i kinda hope they do.

With the print size being as small as it is, the limit being 2 per customer (including the CE), the hype surrounding it AND the news is being posted on an official Sony blog, the scramble for actually buying this game is going to be horrifying enough as it is. I don't really like the idea of a few thousand more people seeing it on Playstation Blog, and far FAR more people wanting to buy the game than have even been printed :/
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 am

Ah, f* it... If I can order Cosmic Star Heroine and the "Mystery Game" (if it's a good one), I'll do it.
revan193
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:52 pm


Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 am

I've decided not to worry too much about the surprise game until I know what it is.
What kinda sucks is that I've only got like $85 left on my hold order limit so I'll have to do this in two orders. I'm more worried about the Shantae CE at this moment...
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 am

Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but I personally prefer Jak 3.
Last edited by revan193 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
revan193
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:52 pm


Postby Best1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am

revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).


They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 4490
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am

I know, I realized that just now and decided to change my post. I truly prefer Jak 3 and frankly, Cosmic Star Heroine, Shantae and Jak & Daxter is too much for my wallet.
revan193
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:52 pm


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am

Best1989 wrote:
revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).


They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.


Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!

I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).


They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.


Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!
I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:


Nah, I think I saw the quote somewhere and it said that all three will be released BY June. So they'll probably drop at different times until then.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

FoP wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).


They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.


Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!
I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:


Nah, I think I saw the quote somewhere and it said that all three will be released BY June. So they'll probably drop at different times until then.


Thank fuck for that! :D
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby Best1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:14 pm

FoP wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).


They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.


Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!
I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:


Nah, I think I saw the quote somewhere and it said that all three will be released BY June. So they'll probably drop at different times until then.


Yeah, the Fish is right. Sorry for the scare!
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 4490
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby FoP » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Soo, shall we take it that tomorrow is a break week?
Usually there's at least some sign if something's going to drop.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby tguk911 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:46 pm

FoP wrote:Soo, shall we take it that tomorrow is a break week?
Usually there's at least some sign if something's going to drop.

You sir are correct they tweeted out a couple days ago that there is no sale tomorrow.
User avatar
tguk911
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:53 am


Postby Best1989 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:55 pm

tguk911 wrote:
FoP wrote:Soo, shall we take it that tomorrow is a break week?
Usually there's at least some sign if something's going to drop.

You sir are correct they tweeted out a couple days ago that there is no sale tomorrow.


That's right.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 4490
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby FoP » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:56 am

Best1989 wrote:
tguk911 wrote:
FoP wrote:Soo, shall we take it that tomorrow is a break week?
Usually there's at least some sign if something's going to drop.

You sir are correct they tweeted out a couple days ago that there is no sale tomorrow.


That's right.


Thanks guys!
I usually look through their tweets each day but this one I seem to have missed.

Cheers! :)
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Previous

Return to Limited Run Discussion