• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby revan193 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 am

I'm very interested in buying Cosmic Star Heroine for the Switch but I need to know what is the "big surprise" of Friday first, I'm a little tight this month because of Christmas and I can only buy ONE "Limited Run"...

Does anyone knows what is the "surprise"?
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 am

revan193 wrote:I'm very interested in buying Cosmic Star Heroine for the Switch but I need to know what is the "big surprise" of Friday first, I'm a little tight this month because of Christmas and I can only buy ONE "Limited Run"...

No one will know for sure until pretty much the literal second it goes up for sale :/

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tammuz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

revan193 wrote:I'm very interested in buying Cosmic Star Heroine for the Switch but I need to know what is the "big surprise" of Friday first, I'm a little tight this month because of Christmas and I can only buy ONE "Limited Run"...

Girl same :?
Tammuz
I want to believe

Postby tguk911 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 pm

The Shantae CE looks soooo good with the GBC replica cart and box, can't wait to buy it so even if the mystery game disappoints at least I'll have this. I would love to see the original Shantae get a remake like Wonder Boy did and an option to switch the graphics on the fly.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:12 am

I know its suppose to be a what-if replica cart of Pirates Curse on the GBC, but you know what would have made this insane, or possibly as a future stand a lone product, just make a re-print of the original game.

We know LRG wants to do their own shells supposedly if they delve into retro stuff, but we are already getting replica carts with this and Yooka, not to mention GALF (though that one could be because another company was working on them), so either that stance has changed or there are specific reasons for all of those past examples existing.

I highly doubt WayForward really cares about keeping the original release rare just for the sake of it, and we already have had LRG working with InfineteNESLives for GALF, so finding another company to handle a GBC release couldn't possibly be that hard (Piko does them, but the cart quality isn't the best). I may be making it seem all too simple, but I mean if you got the shells, you got the original company on board and you have resources of people to actually put the game in the cart, all thats left to do is just make it all happen. Change the label too while they are at it if they dont want to ruffle the feathers of any collectors of the original. GALF was extremely niche. Reprint a hard to find, well received title with a very dedicated fanbase? Thats Nintendo levels of printing money, assuming the manufacturing costs don't out way what I imagine would be a shit-ton of potential buyers beating each other bloody over one. We already have Retrobit releasing the somewhat pricey Holy Diver as a NES release and 8bit has their overpriced re-prints of common games, this could be a mega huge opportunity.

And I am not just saying this cause I want one.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 am

Shantae: The Pirate's Curse is a nice game but I personally prefer "Risky's Revenge", I would have loved seeing this game on Switch too...
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:52 am

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:

No one will know for sure until pretty much the literal second it goes up for sale :/

Just to get this straight. It's being announced and then immediately on sale. Is it the same 10 am sale time as usual.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 am

revan193 wrote:Shantae: The Pirate's Curse is a nice game but I personally prefer "Risky's Revenge", I would have loved seeing this game on Switch too...

I'm sure it'll happen at some point.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby tguk911 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 am

Dr. Robotnik wrote:I know its suppose to be a what-if replica cart of Pirates Curse on the GBC, but you know what would have made this insane, or possibly as a future stand a lone product, just make a re-print of the original game.

We know LRG wants to do their own shells supposedly if they delve into retro stuff, but we are already getting replica carts with this and Yooka, not to mention GALF (though that one could be because another company was working on them), so either that stance has changed or there are specific reasons for all of those past examples existing.

I highly doubt WayForward really cares about keeping the original release rare just for the sake of it, and we already have had LRG working with InfineteNESLives for GALF, so finding another company to handle a GBC release couldn't possibly be that hard (Piko does them, but the cart quality isn't the best). I may be making it seem all too simple, but I mean if you got the shells, you got the original company on board and you have resources of people to actually put the game in the cart, all thats left to do is just make it all happen. Change the label too while they are at it if they dont want to ruffle the feathers of any collectors of the original. GALF was extremely niche. Reprint a hard to find, well received title with a very dedicated fanbase? Thats Nintendo levels of printing money, assuming the manufacturing costs don't out way what I imagine would be a shit-ton of potential buyers beating each other bloody over one. We already have Retrobit releasing the somewhat pricey Holy Diver as a NES release and 8bit has their overpriced re-prints of common games, this could be a mega huge opportunity.

And I am not just saying this cause I want one.

I believe the original Shantae game was published by Capcom so they might still have the rights to it. Also I don't think theres a lot of support for gb/gbc reproductions, as much as I loved my atomic purple gbc I would rather play the Shantae port on my 3DS over it anyday of the week.
Last edited by tguk911 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:

Just to get this straight. It's being announced and then immediately on sale. Is it the same 10 am sale time as usual.

Same time as usual, but being announced on major sites at the same time it goes on sale, give or take a minute or two depending on when new PlayStation blog update comes out. Something about the developers only wanting it known about at the moment of sale :/

Currently Playing:

A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby supercutz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Fez
supercutz
LRG Super Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:20 am

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:

Same time as usual, but being announced on major sites at the same time it goes on sale, give or take a minute or two depending on when new PlayStation blog update comes out. Something about the developers only wanting it known about at the moment of sale :/

Just so im following correctly, we will be able to see and buy it before the flood starts from the sites announcement?
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:57 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:

Just so im following correctly, we will be able to see and buy it before the flood starts from the sites announcement?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Methinks they WANT the flood of people to come look just before it goes up for sale, more of a scramble that way, which is 'bbeeeetttteerrrrr???'
But to be perfectly honest i'm not sure, and i don't think ANYONE knows at this point, and with only a few hours to go............ my shrug still stands :/

Currently Playing:

Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby Postmortimus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 am

It's going to (supposed to) be announced on the PlayStation blog prior to release. Since it's LRG, I'm assuming the US PlayStation blog. Expect the announcement within an hour of the sale.

At least this is my speculation.
Postmortimus
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 am

Postmortimus wrote:It's going to (supposed to) be announced on the PlayStation blog prior to release. Since it's LRG, I'm assuming the US PlayStation blog. Expect the announcement within an hour of the sale.
At least this is my speculation.

Yeah I think so too.
I'm kinda torn on it; on one way, if it's a late announcement of something I want it gives me better chances of getting it. However if it's something I'm unsure of then I'll have way less time looking up the game to decide whether to go for a CE or not.

Really hope the blog actually updates in time.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby bap » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:04 am

supercutz wrote:Fez

Please no. I'm already spending enough today!!! But if it's Katamari i'm definitely in for that too.
bap
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 am

Just imagine the chaos if the people from the PlayStation blog suddenly forget to announce the game :lol:
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 am

Best1989 wrote:Just imagine the chaos if the people from the PlayStation blog suddenly forget to announce the game :lol:

This is me coming from a really selfish place, but i kinda hope they do.

With the print size being as small as it is, the limit being 2 per customer (including the CE), the hype surrounding it AND the news is being posted on an official Sony blog, the scramble for actually buying this game is going to be horrifying enough as it is. I don't really like the idea of a few thousand more people seeing it on Playstation Blog, and far FAR more people wanting to buy the game than have even been printed :/

Currently Playing:

Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 am

Ah, f* it... If I can order Cosmic Star Heroine and the "Mystery Game" (if it's a good one), I'll do it.
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 am

I've decided not to worry too much about the surprise game until I know what it is.
What kinda sucks is that I've only got like $85 left on my hold order limit so I'll have to do this in two orders. I'm more worried about the Shantae CE at this moment...
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 am

Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but I personally prefer Jak 3.
Last edited by revan193 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby Best1989 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am

revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).

They confirmed the other games will be released too in June.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:17 am

I know, I realized that just now and decided to change my post. I truly prefer Jak 3 and frankly, Cosmic Star Heroine, Shantae and Jak & Daxter is too much for my wallet.
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am

Best1989 wrote:
revan193 wrote:Jak & Daxter is a nice surprise for sure but unless the other Jak games will be released on this website, it feel pointless to me to buy the first game of the series (I personally prefer Jak 3).

Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!

I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:

Currently Playing:

Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:23 am

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
Best1989 wrote:

Wait, are the other 3 ALL releasing in JUNE?! In one month?!?!
I seriously need my heart monitor results to come back soon :oops:

Nah, I think I saw the quote somewhere and it said that all three will be released BY June. So they'll probably drop at different times until then.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Limited Run Discussion