• Who is online

A PS4 dedicated forum?! YES!

Postby shinoff2183 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:07 am

So I was just checking some prices on my want list and came across ys 8. Ive stated before that I have yet to touch this series and I was waiting for this to become a bit cheaper. Well to my surprise its insanely priced right now. So my question is WTH happened to cause this?

Any news on maybe if they will do a reprint?
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

Yeah, the price for this one went up for some reason. I was checking it some weeks ago and noticed it.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Yeah still haven't grabbed a copy and the prices have shot up in the UK. Must have been a low print run, what I remember the game seemed to do ok.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm

best buy:

PS4 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA discontinue at bestbuy:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-playstation-4/5794500.p?skuId=5794500

SWITCH Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA available at best buy 59.99$:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-nintendo-switch/6203525.p?skuId=6203525

amazon:

PS4 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA AT AMAZON 90$ and up:
https://www.amazon.com/Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-DANA-PlayStation-4/dp/B06X1D3YPL/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=CHVC7H8EMPHH0ZCHJ19A&th=1

switch Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA at amazon 59.99:
https://www.amazon.com/Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-DANA-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B079FGT22K

gamestop:

PS4 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA discontinue at gamestop:
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana/142836

switch Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA at gamestop 59.99$:
https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana/157971

videogameplus:

PS4 discontinue
vita 37.99$
switch 60.30$
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Lacrimosa+of+DANA&x=0&y=0&currency=USD

so who ever looking for PS4 version get it before price keep going up.
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby doenerroemer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I followed the prices for this one a long time in 2018, until my wife bought me one for about 30€ used from Ebay. They didn‘t drop below that in europe. VGP had a restock for PS Vita which sold for around 30€, they maybe still have some (they limited it to 1 per customer)!

In the same way the prices for Nier Automata also didn‘t drop below 30€, so i pulled the trigger, when it hit that mark.

There are some games, which are popular, but seem to have low print runs in comparison to the demand. They don‘t drop to the usual 10-15€ mark after a year or so, but after a time they skyrocket until there is a reprint/restock. A Way Out is another example (which I got for about 30€ used at gamestop, before they realized the prices went up).
doenerroemer
True Believer

Postby qui_suis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm

doenerroemer wrote:I followed the prices for this one a long time in 2018, until my wife bought me one for about 30€ used from Ebay. They didn‘t drop below that in europe. VGP had a restock for PS Vita which sold for around 30€, they maybe still have some (they limited it to 1 per customer)!

In the same way the prices for Nier Automata also didn‘t drop below 30€, so i pulled the trigger, when it hit that mark.

There are some games, which are popular, but seem to have low print runs in comparison to the demand. They don‘t drop to the usual 10-15€ mark after a year or so, but after a time they skyrocket until there is a reprint/restock. A Way Out is another example (which I got for about 30€ used at gamestop, before they realized the prices went up).

hi

if you look the post above your you see i have already put link and information for VGP (videogameplus) ;)
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby doenerroemer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Ohhh, sorry. I‘m typing slow because english is not my native language and we replied at the same time.
At europe there seems to be a restock coming in march at least to amazon. There are two listings for it, one for 50€ not from amazon and one as pre order for 40€ directly from amazon.
am
doenerroemer
True Believer

Postby shinoff2183 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

doenerroemer wrote:Ohhh, sorry. I‘m typing slow because english is not my native language and we replied at the same time.
At europe there seems to be a restock coming in march at least to amazon. There are two listings for it, one for 50€ not from amazon and one as pre order for 40€ directly from amazon.
am

I'm hoping they do the same in the u.s.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:14 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:
doenerroemer wrote:Ohhh, sorry. I‘m typing slow because english is not my native language and we replied at the same time.
am

I'm hoping they do the same in the u.s.

it not something i bet on... that type of game rarely getting to none reprint but i surely hope to gamer.
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Just got an email from amazon and its on special for $109, screw you amazon to play with me like that.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:15 am

shinoff2183 wrote:Just got an email from amazon and its on special for $109, screw you amazon to play with me like that.

I just sent you a PM. :)

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby shinoff2183 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you blinx but no luck, Ill have to keep a better eye out. I just still cant believe its gotten like this.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Wow, thats freaking crazy. Makes me glad I picked up my NISA CE instead of passing on it, though I still would probably have done so had the Switch version been revealed at the same time.

Makes me worried what other games are shooting up in price that I am interested in and haven't gotten yet. Has anyone come across any others that are not LRG-publisher style releases? Only other I am really aware of is Job Simulator. I really hope Metal Max Xeno doesn't end up that way since I still really want to get it eventually.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Wow, thats freaking crazy. Makes me glad I picked up my NISA CE instead of passing on it, though I still would probably have done so had the Switch version been revealed at the same time.

Makes me worried what other games are shooting up in price that I am interested in and haven't gotten yet. Has anyone come across any others that are not LRG-publisher style releases? Only other I am really aware of is Job Simulator. I really hope Metal Max Xeno doesn't end up that way since I still really want to get it eventually.

Godzilla and Jojo are increasing in price.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Sverd » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:47 pm

I just bit the bullet and bought the game for a shameful price on ebay. Here's why:

Hello Sverd,

Thank you for your message and interest in Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

I have forwarded your question internally and have been told that at this time, we do not have any plans to re-release physical copies of the PS4 version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

Should we have new information, we will update one of our many social media pages, or send out the information to those subscribed to our newsletters. To keep updated on the latest NISA news, we invite you to subscribe to our Prinny Bomb newsletters, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter using the links provided at the bottom of our official website: http://nisamerica.com/home

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

Best wishes,

Support Prinny

NISA Online Store
NIS America, Inc.

Love how they just printed a Day One edition with no other edition in mind. That's annoying.
Sverd
Physical Champion

Postby kupomogli » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Sverd wrote:Love how they just printed a Day One edition with no other edition in mind. That's annoying.

I do hate this trend. It's like they think people take pride in buying it day one with this label, but honestly, I'm sure that anyone and everyone would rather have this removed from the cover art.

If they want to do something special for their first print run, start doing holographic covers. I say this because after getting Zone of Enders 2, I would rather have more releases like this.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby Sverd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am

kupomogli wrote:
Sverd wrote:Love how they just printed a Day One edition with no other edition in mind. That's annoying.

I do hate this trend. It's like they think people take pride in buying it day one with this label, but honestly, I'm sure that anyone and everyone would rather have this removed from the cover art.

If they want to do something special for their first print run, start doing holographic covers. I say this because after getting Zone of Enders 2, I would rather have more releases like this.

Sadly in this pre-order climate, consumers are retarded and some of them take pride in having an ugly Day One label. It's also a good reason to increase the resell value on ebay like a fine connoisseur.
Sverd
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 am

kupomogli wrote:

That would be awesome, and a nice incentive to buy the first print.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Dante2k4 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:11 am

Yikes. Glad I ended up not diggin' the look of this one, or I'd be pretty sour right now...
Dante2k4
LRG Super Fan

Postby Soera » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:01 am

You are missing out. Ys VIII is still the best game ever. :)
Soera
Ultimate Fan

Return to PlayStation 4