• Who is online

Since The Vita Lounge forum keeps going down, you can now come here to talk about anything Vita!

Postby Game Player S » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am

Rather disappointing truly. I'm still amazed such a glaring issue made it through testing when the game only takes about a half-hour to beat.
Game does otherwise look and sound great I'll note, sincerely hope they're able to actually patch it and resolve the problem.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
Game Player S
Physical Champion

Postby mbowers » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:39 pm

This is really disappointing to have heard nothing publicly.
mbowers
I want to believe

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:53 pm

Ssssoooo...... any news on whether or not this is getting fixed or.....?

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby DustmanB » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:09 pm

Update! I've heard nothing! Thank you.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sat May 18, 2019 10:56 am

This is the most recent info I could come across: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/stat ... 4952008704

I'm glad they seem to at least somewhat have this on their radar still. It was beginning to feel as if everyone washed their hands of it.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 11:15 am

I doubt it will egt patched

I get the hospital wing but if you cnat even post a single update of 2 sentences in months thats hows a lot.

also I get that they couldnt put this game trough all tests but that this bug is even in it doesnt make any sence at all since 1 playtrough would have showed it which doesnt even take an hour
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:27 am

Always the optimist.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 am

fgsfds100 wrote:Always the optimist.
always the realist is more like it.

I dont like to cling on false hope if you like fooling yourself go right ahead
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:41 am

Did you even read the tweets in the link?

Limited Run Games @LimitedRunGames Apr 28
As is our normal policy after a full day of availability - limits on Jak 3 and Lumines have been removed. If you want to order more than the limit on Friday allowed - now is your opportunity! Only about 500 copies of Jak 3 remain!

Get your order in now at

MMA Dude @mmaduder Apr 28
Will Night Trap on Vita ever be patched?

Mike Foran @StoleMyHubcaps May 1
If they haven’t done it by now then I’m sure it will be done when the xbox version is ready

MMA Dude @mmaduder May 1
is the developer still even doing anything? They’ve gone completely silent since this Night Trap debacle. LRGs lack of updates is extremely disappointing.

LRG has wiped their hand of it & at one point said the developer was in hospital since January. I was told by somebody just a week after the PS4 release he was over his head and the xbox release would not happen. Developer said it was untrue but the proof is in the results

MMA Dude @mmaduder May 1
I certainly don’t wish ill will towards the developer if he’s been sick, but LRG sold a faulty product and should own it.

Have no idea if the hospital information is real or not and I know little about the Vita release. The only thing I can say for sure the developer has been very disengenuos when it comes it the now 21 month “delayed” xbox release that was removed from their site before Xmas

Josh Fairhurst @LimitedRunJosh May 1
Tyler was in the hospital the week when the bug was discovered. He created a patch that week. I'll have to look into why it isn't on PSN yet - could've failed FQA or could just be hung up by something on Sony's side. No one wants to leave the game as is.

Try it yourself sometime. You might not be so uninformed.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 12:23 pm

if the patch was done that week and its still not online it probatly never will be

the same thing happened with mercenairy kings

its not on psn yet and how long has it been now? 8 months later or so?

if that patcgh was made 8 months agoo and still isnt life why would it still come?

its possible yes but unlikely

I have read that tweet wel but I at least have common sense something you clearly lack
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Pessimistic assumptions are not common sense.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Sat May 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Getting a flashback to Azure Striker Gunvolt for 3DS, where the patch that updates the English translation and adds Japanese voices still hasn't landed for 3DS.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:Pessimistic assumptions are not common sense.
no waiting forever on something that is unlikely to happen is great sense?

let me ask you soemthng you buy something on ebay transfer the money etc.

after 2 weeks you still dont have what you paid for the seller keeps telling its on its way

a month later you still dont have it again the seller states its stilll on its way

2 months later same thing

5 months later same thing.

at what point would you say you got scammed?

never?

it might come some time maybe 2 years later?

at a certain point you have to see the reality that you got scammed

this is simulair yes its still possible that it happens but highly unlikely at this point.

but enjoy waiting

I have said what I wnated to say about this so wont continue this subject at least not till someone else adds something I wnat to reply on or there is more news.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Apples and oranges. A purchase that has not arrived at all -versus- something you at least have (which is clearly not worthless that you can resell) that needs work.

(nicely) Keep the fire lit under LRG and the devs instead of never contacting them yourself at all and waiting several months between each time you look up news on the matter.
Squeaky wheels and grease, flies and honey, and all that.

If that's "too much work" for you, then how much do YOU even care?
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:Apples and oranges. A purchase that has not arrived at all -versus- something you at least have (which is clearly not worthless that you can resell) that needs work.

(nicely) Keep the fire lit under LRG and the devs instead of never contacting them yourself at all and waiting several months between each time you look up news on the matter.
Squeaky wheels and grease, flies and honey, and all that.

If that's "too much work" for you, then how much do YOU even care?
wow this post is so stupid I have to respond

first of that I already have the game and that it has vallue is not even relevant in this discusion its just if the patch still comes or not. that I have saidd game has NOTHING to do with this discusion at all.

my example was spot on it was to try to explain that at a certain point you have to realize that likely it isnt comming anymore

I dont know if your just being ignorant trolling or plain stupid at this point.

and why would I contact the developer what would I gain by it?

many people already did that and got compeltely ignored so it doesnt add anything.

lrg keeps saying talk to the dev the dev doesnt respond and thats it. unless I go to his home put a gun on his head or anything I have no way to force him to tell us anything.

but lets just drop this discusion because clearly we are not going anywhere with this
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:54 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:first of that I already have the game and that it has vallue is not even relevant in this discusion its just if the patch still comes or not. that I have saidd game has NOTHING to do with this discusion at all.

Yet you cry scam. While scammers might make some half-assed attempt to satisfy their victims (generally as a means of getting MORE money out of them) this is not the case. Nor can I say I've ever heard of any victims making MORE than what they paid for by reselling said half-assed products.

mr. Hyde wrote:and why would I contact the developer what would I gain by it?

Exactly what I expected. You don't care, at least not beyond a bit of low visibility saber rattling on a mostly unknown little forum (effort that would have been better spent talking to them). Indifference breeds indifference.

mr. Hyde wrote:unless I go to his home put a gun on his head or anything I have no way to force him to tell us anything.

*rattle rattle*
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:first of that I already have the game and that it has vallue is not even relevant in this discusion its just if the patch still comes or not. that I have saidd game has NOTHING to do with this discusion at all.

Yet you cry scam. While scammers might make some half-assed attempt to satisfy their victims (generally as a means of getting MORE money out of them) this is not the case. Nor can I say I've ever heard of any victims making MORE than what they paid for by reselling said half-assed products.

mr. Hyde wrote:and why would I contact the developer what would I gain by it?

Exactly what I expected. You don't care, at least not beyond a bit of low visibility saber rattling on a mostly unknown little forum (effort that would have been better spent talking to them). Indifference breeds indifference.

mr. Hyde wrote:unless I go to his home put a gun on his head or anything I have no way to force him to tell us anything.

*rattle rattle*
I guess stupidity it is

again you talk about stuff thats TOTALY UNRELATED

even a 5 year old could understand this example.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Sounds like you're having a wonderful day.

Is Dr. Jekyll home?
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sat May 18, 2019 2:15 pm

I already bought the game, so being optimistic or not doesn't make a difference for me. Either I tell myself now that a patch will never come and be disappointed immediately, or I stay hopeful and be disappointed later on if a patch never comes. Same end result. So I'd rather stay optimistic and vigilant. The best way to ensure no patch is for everyone to give up and stop caring and paying attention.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Aggie Tsubi wrote:I already bought the game, so being optimistic or not doesn't make a difference for me. Either I tell myself now that a patch will never come and be disappointed immediately, or I stay hopeful and be disappointed later on if a patch never comes. Same end result. So I'd rather stay optimistic and vigilant. The best way to ensure no patch is for everyone to give up and stop caring and paying attention.
I was optimistic at first however I am a realist and its unlikely to happen at this point not impossible.

you have optimists pessimits and realists I am the 3rd option you are eaperently an optimist.

nothing wrong with that
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Well, I think it's in LRG's best interests to keep hounding Screaming Villains until a patch is released. It's not a good look for LRG at all if the consumers have no idea if they're getting a beatable game or not when buying from LRG.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Aggie Tsubi wrote:Well, I think it's in LRG's best interests to keep hounding Screaming Villains until a patch is released. It's not a good look for LRG at all if the consumers have no idea if they're getting a beatable game or not when buying from LRG.
agreed but at this points its mostly out of their hand its on the dev now
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby DustmanB » Mon May 20, 2019 12:17 pm

Update:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunJo ... 1214947329

Double Switch is on us as we handled the port of Night Trap to Switch. The Night Trap Vita patch is an issue with Unity. The developer needed a new Vita license for the engine - I believe that is sorted now. Hopefully, the patch should be up soon.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm

DustmanB wrote:Update:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunJo ... 1214947329

Double Switch is on us as we handled the port of Night Trap to Switch. The Night Trap Vita patch is an issue with Unity. The developer needed a new Vita license for the engine - I believe that is sorted now. Hopefully, the patch should be up soon.
wel see I hope this is the case but I dont care much anymore since I am gonna keep mine sealed I genuily wnated to play it but since in a few years I wont be able to anymore I have no reason to open it.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 pm

"CAW", kids!

Glad to hear your wait is almost over.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby DustmanB » Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Hopefully almost over. I can't even imagine how much less irritating and frustrating this entire scenario would be if there were just more frequent and open communication. I don't know if the blame lies with LRG, the dev, or Sony themselves, but it is a disservice to the fans no matter whom is responsible (knowing the track record probably Sony).
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 am

I doubt its sonys fault though the devs needs to make the patch and submit it sony has certain rules for that in place the dev should know beforehand

I am still pissed this patch is even required if it was bug that didnt happen every time I could understand itbut its an guaranteed bug in every playtrough so they didnt even test it once
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 am

Yeah, it's disappointing no matter how you slice it, even if and when a patch is available. It goes against the whole notion of LRG preserving games if the only thing being preserved is a broken, unbeatable version of the game. If there's a patch, that patch very well may become unavailable at some point in the future.

There are way too many LRG releases at this point that have patches, and too many of those are patches that fix serious problems. I hear the Vita release of Rabi-Ribi is extremely buggy too, to the point that people are having a hard time progressing and beating that, since it crashes repeatedly on a certain part. And still so far no patch to fix it.

If these issues were limited to recent Vita releases, I could somewhat understand, since they had a manufacturing deadline to meet, but buggy LRG releases that needed patches go back at least as far as the likes of Ys Origin and Breach & Clear: Deadline.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 am

Aggie Tsubi wrote:Yeah, it's disappointing no matter how you slice it, even if and when a patch is available. It goes against the whole notion of LRG preserving games if the only thing being preserved is a broken, unbeatable version of the game. If there's a patch, that patch very well may become unavailable at some point in the future.

There are way too many LRG releases at this point that have patches, and too many of those are patches that fix serious problems. I hear the Vita release of Rabi-Ribi is extremely buggy too, to the point that people are having a hard time progressing and beating that, since it crashes repeatedly on a certain part. And still so far no patch to fix it.

If these issues were limited to recent Vita releases, I could somewhat understand, since they had a manufacturing deadline to meet, but buggy LRG releases that needed patches go back at least as far as the likes of Ys Origin and Breach & Clear: Deadline.
further even their first game has some buggs the first game they ever did.

and this is a bug that should have been found out because its guaranteed

just test the game 1 time and you would have noticed it.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm

I hadn't heard about Rabi Ribi being buggy, that is another game along with NT Vita which is tied up in my final hold order.

Ys Origin and CSH were lretty ubforgivable as both were huge patches and apparently the earlier released Asian Ys Origin Vita didn't need a patch and for CSH the huge delay was supposed to be about it being released fully patched and the excuse about not being able to put patches on the cart seemed a bit poor when they could have just had a pre-patched final version build on the cart. Signature Edition Games manages a very nice fully patched, full DLC included, Darkest Dungeon so I can't aee why anyone else couldn't have.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Vita Discussion