• Who is online

Since The Vita Lounge forum keeps going down, you can now come here to talk about anything Vita!

Postby DustmanB » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm

So I follow a bunch of Vita gamers on YouTube and saw a video posted by PSVita at 2AM who ran into a game ending bug in Night Trap unable to even complete the game, on multiple attempts. Is this bug in every copy, did he just get a glitched cart, and is this why the game isn't on PSN? So many questions. Has anyone else run into this issue? Will it be patched? Agggh.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby mbowers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Yep. I've e-mailed and tweeted at the developer and nothing.
mbowers
I want to believe

Postby DustmanB » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Well that sucks. Hope Limited Run is contacting the dev and trying to do something as well.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 pm

mbowers wrote:Yep. I've e-mailed and tweeted at the developer and nothing.

Welcome to the forums mbowers!

But yeah, that's pretty much the worst news you can hear about a physical game. The PS4 has problems unpatched as well, though they aren't game-breaking I don't believe. They are perfect-run breaking, though. But the PS4 version did receive patches.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 am

Is it possible to avoid the bug? Or is the Vita version essentially unbeatable right now?
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:05 am

I always get a bit heartbroken when I discover something like this. I didn't got this version bc I already had the PS4 one, but I wish the Vita had a bug free version.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby DustmanB » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Aggie Tsubi wrote:Is it possible to avoid the bug? Or is the Vita version essentially unbeatable right now?

As far as I know unbeatable. No-one on PSNprofiles has any completion trophies. I tried contacting the dev as well and have heard nothing. Basically bought a paperweight.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby Kresnik258 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Super disappointed with this. Was actually pretty excited to play this 'classic' but unable to finish it is pretty terrible.

Hoping we hear news about a patch soon but the fact the devs aren't responding is not promising.
Kresnik258
I want to believe

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 am

Indeed.I don't even think that highly of the game to begin with, so I passed on the PS4 and Switch versions, but I collect for Vita and figured it's at least worth playing through for a laugh. I finally got a shipping confirmation for my copy just a couple days ago, and this news strips away any excitement I had in receiving it. This is really unacceptable, and I don't understand how it could even happen. Before it went to Sony for manufacturing, didn't anyone actually play through the whole thing? I mean, LRG made a big deal about how they wouldn't release The Bard's Tale on Vita because it has (had?) a bug that prevented acquiring all the trophies and looked down on Red Art Games for selling physical copies of a broken game, but not being able to even beat a game is worse than not being able to platinum it.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby qui_suis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 am

Hummm. Wow not much to say but game turn out worthless if cant be complete....

Maybe. LRG can return them to dev. and refund who ever dont want to keep his broken game i assume there a law to protect consumer.

Cant denied im not happy it the only version i own and it cant be complte.

Anyone got info from. LRG what they will do with this issue and assume they respinsable to settle this with the dev and no gamer to contact them.

Can some shatter some light about this..
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 am

Kresnik258 wrote:Super disappointed with this. Was actually pretty excited to play this 'classic' but unable to finish it is pretty terrible.

Hoping we hear news about a patch soon but the fact the devs aren't responding is not promising.

Well aint there a law in USA to protect consumer about issue like this??
Last edited by qui_suis on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:55 am

There are probably laws that protect customers from totally nonfunctional products, but I doubt there are any laws regarding unbeatable games. I mean, a lot of games are unbeatable by design (because they just keep looping or what have you).
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby qui_suis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:13 am

Ok thx guess im going to try to sell it.
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fajgar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 am

How can this even happened.
This sounds like it can't be missed if the game is tested before release.
Fajgar
Physical Champion

Postby DustmanB » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 pm

Seems like right now all we can really do is bug the devs for a patch.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby qui_suis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:06 pm

DustmanB wrote:Seems like right now all we can really do is bug the devs for a patch.

What about LRG Doug and Josh step in they have more weight then all of us together.

Us we should flood they social service

Together we can prevail that dev fail ;)
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:13 pm

qui_suis wrote:
DustmanB wrote:Seems like right now all we can really do is bug the devs for a patch.

What about LRG Doug and Josh step in they have more weight then all of us together.

Josh already commented on Twitter that they can do anything else but wait for a patch from the dev.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Best1989 wrote:
qui_suis wrote:

Josh already commented on Twitter that they can do anything else but wait for a patch from the dev.

No further release from them till patch is done..

IMO we wont see any patch everyone got they money so let move on..

Contact Screaming Villains if you want to complain
@screamingvill
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Mine is waiting for rest if a hold order but I thought Sony tested things like this in certification? I hadn't realised it was currently unavailable on PSN though. FMV are the easiest testable games too surely with limited options for routes...
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Aggie Tsubi wrote:This is really unacceptable, and I don't understand how it could even happen. Before it went to Sony for manufacturing, didn't anyone actually play through the whole thing? I mean, LRG made a big deal about how they wouldn't release The Bard's Tale on Vita because it has (had?) a bug that prevented acquiring all the trophies and looked down on Red Art Games for selling physical copies of a broken game, but not being able to even beat a game is worse than not being able to platinum it.

Red Arts wanted all the patches on cart and disc before it got released. That DID happen, but apparently when making a patch that made the trophies work it created another glitch inadvertantly:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/699 ... nt-1761543

While the title suggests it's still broken, Red Arts immediately contacted InExile about the problem, and it's already been patched. So sadly while the game is 'complete' on cart, you still need that extra patch to make sure it works 100%, but instead of passing the blame or getting others to report it, Red Arts contacted InExile themselves about it :)

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby BrickLaser » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:18 pm

If you ask me, LRG should offer some sort of compensation for this. A CD Single of the theme sent out to buyers of Night Trap, perhaps..? ;)
BrickLaser
I want to believe

Postby VitaVision » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Fajgar wrote:How can this even happened.

The down side to todays games. Just get it out as soon as possible. If enough people complain then maybe patch it.
All that is what is and will be

-James Hetfield
VitaVision
LRG Super Fan

Postby DustmanB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:45 pm

VitaVision wrote:

The down side to todays games. Just get it out as soon as possible. If enough people complain then maybe patch it.

To be fair though the Vita is on life support with Sony about to pull the plug, so it's not like they were rushing for no reason. The scary part is the dev staying silent on the whole thing. Even a "we are aware of the problem and are going to be working on a fix. Please be patient" would mean a lot. Saying nothing, and the fact that news of the game being broken had to come from a YouTuber or Redditor doesn't help the matter. Hopefully Limited Run can at least get the dev to make a statement of some sort.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:12 pm

DustmanB wrote:
VitaVision wrote:

To be fair though the Vita is on life support with Sony about to pull the plug, so it's not like they were rushing for no reason. The scary part is the dev staying silent on the whole thing. Even a "we are aware of the problem and are going to be working on a fix. Please be patient" would mean a lot. Saying nothing, and the fact that news of the game being broken had to come from a YouTuber or Redditor doesn't help the matter. Hopefully Limited Run can at least get the dev to make a statement of some sort.

It doesn't matter that the Vita is on life support. Games release like that on PS4 and other systems now, too. I REALLY wish that someone out there would take the high road and ONLY release completely finished games physically. They can do digital first, but patch everything before releasing it physically. But yeah, this will probably continue to happen in the age of digital.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby DustmanB » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:36 am

So according to some person on Reddit a patch has been submitted to Sony.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby mbowers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:24 am

Do we have any more info on this? Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a patch through?
mbowers
I want to believe

Postby DustmanB » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

mbowers wrote:Do we have any more info on this? Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get a patch through?

Some other random person said the dev was waiting for the PSN version to drop before submitting the patch.

This seems to be the closest we come to "official" news on the subject.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby DustmanB » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Just an fyi, the digital version is also affected currently according to what I've read on Twitter. So if you were thinking of buying it, I'd wait a bit.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Postby nib0 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Any news on whether this bug has been patched yet?

I just got the game on Vita and will be putting it off until its fixed.
nib0
I want to believe

Postby DustmanB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 pm

I checked a couple of days ago. No patch. I asked on the AMA here if LRG could get us a status update from the dev as they literally had ate with him a little while ago https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunJo ... 4942666752
It's the only topic on the first page of the AMA with 0 responses. The communication on this has been infuriating. I'd at least like information on if a patch has even been submitted yet. Right now all I have is a broken game on my shelf and conflicting statements from everyone but the people that would have or could help get actual answers.
DustmanB
Physical Champion

Next

Return to Vita Discussion