• Who is online

Since The Vita Lounge forum keeps going down, you can now come here to talk about anything Vita!

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:26 pm

First time I turned it on in a while and for some reason for a few games, it was showing wrong file sizes. I'm talking like instead of showing MB it would show KB. Like it was only counting for the save file and not the game itself. One game of note was Rayman Legends (digital). It also kept crashing on startup. I deleted it and re-downloaded it and then it was showing the proper size in MB. Was no longer crashing. Still had the other games showing wrong size though and instead of deleting I turned off the system, took out the card, and turned the system on without it, and it updated the database. Now of course all the icons for digital games were gone. Turned it back off, inserted the card, and turned it back on. It updated the database again and this time... only some of my games were showing, but most of them weren't. I was kind of pissed thinking maybe they got deleted somehow, but looking at the space available, they had to still be on the card, they just weren't showing. So I just went into safe mode and rebuilt the database and thankfully everything is showing back up. Checked the file sizes again and alot were now showing the correct size minus a few that still weren't. I think for those I will just backup my saves to my ps3 or pc, delete the game, reinstall, and then copy the saves back.

Thank god though I didn't actually loose anything. Alot of what I had on there were free games from plus but I just deleted them anyways since I don't have plus and can't even play them. The rest of the stuff are ones I bought.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

Please visit my Bonanza page: https://www.bonanza.com/booths/BLINXERIZER

XBX GAMERTAG: BLINXERIZER
PSN ID: BLINXERIZER
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby DustmanB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:54 am

Yeah it definitely has issues from time to time. My memory card crashed saving a game and completely deleted the saves for said game. Redownloaded it and it works, but I'm unable to download anything else on the card. I'm guessing it's going to go out completely sooner or later, but I don't want to replace it since I have some PS3 transfer only games on it, but no PS3 anymore. If they go, they'll be gone for good. So far the games on it haven't crashed at all anymore, so here's hoping.

My right analogue stick started drifting on both my slim Vita as well. One is occasional and not that bad, but one is horrible. Went and replaced the horrible one which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I had a hard time opening it without a spludger and reconnecting those ribbons. Now I want to see how this stick works out before I replace the one on my main Vita.
DustmanB
True Believer

Return to Vita Discussion